Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend


I had a wonderful weekend in Austin. I got off work early friday and drove down and spent the weekend hanging out with friends and just relaxing. Friday night Cy, Fred and myself all went to kasbah's and sat around for hours talking then saturday I helped the solar car team unload some stuff. [I did more sitting than actual helping] lol

Saturday evening cyrus surprised me with a beautiful dress [that i love] and i wore it out that night. we ate dinner at olive garden then went to mozart's for dessert. it was a great night looking out over the beautiful lake.

Sunday I drove down early in the morning and surprised dad at church for father's day. boy was he surprised to see me! I spent a few hours with him then headed home.

update on clayton state: i've officially been accepted [finally] and now i'm trying to register for classes without having to fly down there for a weekend for orientation. it's a lot to deal with and more than i expected, but it will all come together eventually.

i was throwing around the idea of going to ethiopia for the month of july with keith to assist him in his clef pallet surgeries, but it doesn't look possible this summer. too much stuff to get done in too little time. thankfully though, he takes trips quite often and this won't be my last opportunity to go on a trip with him. that is something i will definitely keep in the back of my mind and be praying about for the future.

I am ready for this summer to be over and be back in school. I know most students are saying the exact opposite but my job is very draining and honestly, i love learning and love being in school. not to mention I am chomping at the bit not running races all the time. i've been entering 5k's but they are not the same.

well back to work it is. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment